[adj. bit-er-sweet, bit-er-sweet; n. bit-er-sweet]
2. both pleasant and painful or regretful: a bittersweet memory.
As soon as I start to get sad about leaving all my friends here in Denver, I am reminded how excited I am to be close to old friends and family soon. And this cycle of excitement and depression continues over and over throughout the day. Therefore I've come up with a list of things I'll miss about Denver, and things I'm looking forward to in Orlando. That way I can remember all the happy times and fun memories I've had here, but also still be excited about moving...
Things I'll miss about Denver:
- My friends...DUH! After such a (semi)memorable bachelorette party this weekend, I am reminded how amazing these people truly are!
- PSL Labor and Delivery - I love each and every one of you!
- Our house, which Phil and I have made our HOME over the past three years
- The beautiful sights in this state, which sadly, Phil and I did not take full advantage of here!
- Sarah, my nail tech at Pure Nail Spa in Lowry! I don't know if I'll ever get a Gelish Manicure from anyone as good as her! SERIOUSLY, you should check her out if you live here!
- Heidi's Brooklyn Deil, or more specifically, their Honey Wheat bread! I'm counting on my Denver friends to make some shipments to me throughout the year!
- 24 hour fitness Lowry - Or maybe the fact that this awesome gym is less than a mile from my house
- Cool summer evenings, fall, no humidity, 300+ days of sunshine!
- Paint by wine!
- Walking to Tavern for dinner with Phil
- Walking the dogs on 6th Avenue
- 5:30am Sunrises and 8:30pm sunsets in the summer!
- Being 4.5 miles from my job and being able to ride my bike there!
- Juno's vet, Dr. McAbee at VCA Alameda East, who diagnosed her transitional vertebrae and has done so well treating her!
- Cherry Creek Mall and Park Meadows Mall
- THE CHERRY CRICKET!
- The advantage of training for half marathons a mile above sea level
Things I'm looking forward to in Florida:
- Being close to family; my parents, my brother and sister in law (who's expecting a new baby early next year), and my nephews, Taj (9) and Samson (2). I've missed seeing them grow up thus far and can't wait to be more involved in their lives!
- Being closer to old friends!
- MARRYING Phil on October 26th, 2012!
- Winters spent in the pool!
- Having a pool in our new home!
- Swimming with Juno and Zeus!
- THE BEACH!!
- Not ever having to shovel snow...EVER!
- Having more access to FSU things and apparel (instead of CU/CSU/Bronco stuff)
- Being able to actually GO to an FSU game!
- East coast prime time TV
- Watching the ball drop LIVE on New Year's Eve
- Baking a sea level
- Orlando outlet shopping, the Florida Mall, Mall at Millenia
- Disney and Universal Studios - Halloween Horror Nights, Grinchmas, etc
- PUBLIX! Publix subs, Publix cakes, Publix cookies...EVERYTHING Publix!
- Hurricane Parties!
- No State income tax!
Well, there you have it! I'm sure I'll think of more for both lists throughout the next week or two. Either side you're on, one thing is for sure...PACKING is going to suck! Since we're planning on leaving Denver September 17th (yea that's 19 days away) we probably should get started. . .